Communication with satellites demands accurate pointing with the antennas.
2D test bench
Cubesats is normal 900 km above surface and move with 8 km/sec. In the upcomming
QB-50 project(where we and YOU :-) participate) we will fly in only 280 km og height.
This gives only a few minutes for communication when it passed from horizon to horizon.
- select antenna system (yagii or dish on roof)
- do mechanical/dynamic modelling
- sensor and actuator interfaces
- robustness considerations
- antenna control :-)
- including dynamic and sensor/actuator modeling
- development of a safe reliable protocol from host to antenna controller
- orbit update system based on retrieve of data from http://celestrak.com/
- coordination of several antenna systems
- interface/handles to interface with radio systems (no HF technique :-)
We hope that this can be a base for a distributed antenna platform for the whole QB-50 :-)
Jens Dalsgaard Nielsen (email@example.com) Jesper A Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)